Sunday, September 29, 2013

50th birthday celebration

I am a blessed woman. Yesterday was my 50th birthday. We had a different kind of celebration. I came up with an idea that I thought was kind of unique for such a 'big' day. We had a 'drop over' party. We put the word out that anyone who wanted to could drop over to celebrate with me. My kids cooked most of the food and we had a LOT of food.

I expected about 14 or 15 people to come over. It ended up being 31 people over at various times during the day. I felt so blessed and humbled that so many people took time out of their day to come over to celebrate with me. I got some great gifts and lots of flowers.

Today I am exhausted. I didn't even make it to church. I actually went to bed before the party was completely over. Now I do have to say that the only ones left up were Nate, Jessica and Calvin, but they were still going strong talking and just being family.

There were a few hickups along the way yesterday, and we got thru them.

All in all, it was a fabulous day. I'm 50 and Fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment