Thursday, September 12, 2013

new wood for shuttles

Today I went to the lumber shop because we were running low on Cherry wood for shuttle making. I took my nephew with me because we were hanging out together today.

I picked up some Cherry wood, but I also picked up some Aromatic Cedar, Zebra wood, Paduck, and some Yellow Heart.

When I got home, we started to organize the wood in the new storage are and found out that I also have Pango Pango, Honduras Rosewood, Quilted Maple, Marblewood, Walnut, Mahogany, Oak, Pine, Poplar, Leopard Wood, Purple Heart, and a few more. I think I have a good supply and variety of wood to make some shuttles.

I am waiting to talk to my son to make the final decision on which CNC machine I am going to get. Once I decide, I'm going to order it. There is a shop in Ohio that I would love to get it from because they are close to us, they are in the US, free shipping and I would have the machine within 5 days instead of 4-6 weeks. The prices are a little higher but the fact that I would have the machine within a week would surely make up for the difference in cost. The machine is not the original one that I wanted. It's about the same machine. I'm not sure which one I will choose. I want to talk it over with my son. I trust his opinion. I'm sending him the specs now.

No comments:

Post a Comment