Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wedding Anniversary and 50th birthday

Tomorrow, September 26th, 2013, I will celebrate my 22nd wedding anniversary. I am so blessed to be married to the love of my life, my best friend, and an amazing man. He and I were told that because we only dated for 4 months before we got married and that some people didn't know me very well, that we would never last. I think they were wrong. I am not saying that our marriage has been all roses and rainbows, but we stuck together and hung on for dear life. Now that we are older, we really don't argue, fight or get mad at each other. We've done that and been there. We've moved on and are just happy to spend our time together. My husband is my hero. He is a hard working man who lets me have my craft obsessions. He knows that I will take care of our home and family.

OK, so now that I've spoken about our anniversary, my 50th birthday is two days later. On September 28th, I will turn 50. I'm excited to be turning 50. I know that I don't feel, look and definately don't act 50. It's just a number. Sure I have aches and pains, but who doesn't? I was a runner in high school and lifted weights for about 20 years. (a long time ago). One of my personal heros - NFL New York Giant's Wide Receiver's Stacy Robinson (deceased) told me that the more active and athletic you are as a young person, the more your bones will ache and creek when you get older. He sure wasn't lying.

We are having a celebration at our house. We are doing it a little different this year. We are having a drop over party - meaning, that after 11am on Saturday, anyone who wants to can come on over and stay for as long as they want - within reason. I don't expect a ton of guests, but I know that those who love me will be here. I told everyone that gifts are welcome and appreciated. Every year I always tell anyone who asks that I don't want gifts. Well, this year I'm going to be a little selfish. I think I deserve them once in a while.

I have been cleaning my house from top to bottom. Not because we are having guests, but it doesn't hurt, but because I don't believe that anyone should go into another year of life without having their house in order. Some think of that expression differently, as I do, but I also want my physical home in order. So it's off to bed. I have more cleaning to do tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment