Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Rough Day today

Today is a day that I really would not like to remember. It's the day that changed my country forever. 12 years ago today it also changed my husband. As a DC Police Officer, he volunteered to go to the Pentagon to help. He came home several days later a changed man. For 48 of the hours he was away from his family, he carried people out of the Pentagon. He told me later that he had to walk on dead bodies to carry people out. It's a rough day for him today, along with the rest of the country.

I am choosing to remember today as the day my dog was born. September 12, 2006 D'Artagnan was born. We picked him up from the breeder on Novermber 3rd. He is such a gentle sweet pit bull. He changes all of the stereotypes of the breed. My gentle boy is so sweet. I love him more than I could ever imagine loving a pet.

I will work on some tatting and move on to tomorrow.

I am turning 50 in 17 days and will celebrate my 22nd wedding anniversary in 15 days. That is what I am thinking about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment