Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Shuttles, Shuttles and more Shuttles

I have been working hard to get shuttles made for the tatting conference in Lodi, NY. I think I have 20 of mine made and Shawn has about 10 of his so far.
I posted a picture on Facebook and I thought there was going to be a war over two of the shuttles I made. Here is the picture.
People went crazy over the blue shuttles. I've already sold them to two people in Australia. I have one more piece of wood to be able to make two more. I have other colors also. I didn't think it would cause such chaos. WOW. I had to order more wood from the eBay seller where I got the wood, just to have some so people don't go nuts at Fingerlakes. My favorite ones are the pink ones, but of course because I love pink. People acted like I dyed the wood myself and had an unlimited supply to make them shuttles, even tho I posted that I bought the wood that way and could only produce 4 shuttles. I guess people really don't read the posts.

If I don't sell all of the shuttles at the conference, I will put them in my Etsy store.

I also got all 100 skeins of thread dyed. I am waiting for the last batch to dry before I take pix of them all. I took one picture and posted it on Facebook.
 
 
This is the first batch that I completed. This batch is 34 size 20 and 6 size 40. I have a total of 42 size 40 and 60 size 20 skeins dyed. I will be happy if I sell all of them while I'm gone, but I don't think I will. I came up with some really nice color combinations. I wish I could keep every skein for myself, but I know I need to sell them. My goal is to sell $300 worth of supplies to be able to buy goodies. If I sell more, then that's a great bonus.
 
I really don't need any goodies this year since I bought everything I wanted last year. I do want to buy all of the GR8 books. I was supposed to have already purchased them but I forgot to mail them a check so I will have to wait until I get back unless they are for sale there. I also want to get a few novelty things. And maybe another GR8 shuttle. Not much else. I have everything I need.
 
The next thing I need to figure out is if I am going to bring my entire shuttle collection with me. I haven't decided yet. Either way, I need to do a major organization of them. That's one thing I plan on doing next week. I won't be making any more shuttles next week. I need a break before I leave. Plus I have a lot of things to do before I go. I need to shop for food for the house sitters, do laundry, get all of my class needs gathered and put together. I'm having lunch with a lady who needle tats and wants to meet new tatters. I am also having dinner with two very special people. Nothing as stressful or time consuming as making the shuttles or dying thread, but things that need to be done, none the less.
 
I don't think it will ever stop. I guess it's better than sitting at home with nothing at all to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment