Friday, March 14, 2014

I have a goal to get ready for Fingerlakes

I have a goal to get 100 skeins of thread hand dyed and 30 tatting shuttles made to bring to Fingerlakes with me.

So far I have 19 skeins wrapped but nothing dyed yet. No shuttles made. I have 3 weeks to get all of this done. Shawn has several shuttles made for me to bring. I have to get my rear in gear. I know that it won't take me a really long time to make the shuttles, but I've gotten so picky that if I make the slightest little error, I probably won't bring that shuttle.

One good thing is that I have a PayPal credit card swipe device, so I don't have to only ask for cash. Good for me, I don't know how good for my fellow tatters. :-)

I hope to sell enough thread and shuttles to make enough money to spend on my goodies. I am looking for some new GR8s to pick up and a few other novelties. Maybe a book or two if I find something really interesting.

I am going to try and bring 60 skeins of size 20 thread and 40 skeins of size 40 thread. I think the 20 is more popular, but I personally love tatting with 30 and 40.

I am especially excited that Shawn will be coming up to NY on Saturday. He originally was planning on showing up Sunday afternoon, but I kind of talked him into coming a day early. We have fabulous house/pet sitters so that won't be an issue.

He's going to ride his motorcycle up so we will be able to have time on the bike while on vacation. I'm trying to plan some things for us to do but want to take at least one day to relax and just do nothing. After all, we only have 4 or 5 days there. I want to take a hike and get a massage (neither of us have ever had a massage before) and I want to take a bike ride and go check out all of the unique little shops around the area.

I'm getting excited just planning this vacation. This is our first true vacation in almost 23 years of marriage. I am so thankful that we signed up for the vacation plan. It is forcing us to take a vacation. This will be a good thing.

Anyway, off to bed so I can get up and get working on thread and shuttles.

No comments:

Post a Comment