Monday, January 27, 2014

So frustrated with the CNC machine

I am soooo frustrated.  I did everything the seller told me to do to get my engraving machine to work and the spindle still will not spin. I am not waiting for him to contact me back to tell me what next step I should try. This is getting really old. I've had the darn thing for 3 months and have not been able to engrave one piece of wood. This is nuts.

While I have been waiting, I spangled and laquered a bunch of pair of bobbin lace bobbins. I'm waiting for the last batch to dry so I can sand them down and use them. I am going to  make a bobbin lace pillow this week also. I have just a travel pillow and need something bigger. I'm making one about 18 inches and adding a roller to it. It might not look the best, but I know it will work just fine.

I  have another bobbin lace lesson this Saturday and I'm pretty excited. I am loving the possibilities. I love that I have access to people who can assist me.

I also sent my registration off for Finger Lakes Tatting conference. I signed up for a class with Ruth Perry. WOW. I can't believe that I may get to learn from her. I am so excited. We will be tatting using sewing thread. I will load my bobbins with Oliver Twist thread. It's my favorite small thread to use.

My friends in Gettysburg who I tat with once a month are starting a new group meeting in Hanover MD. I will be happy to join that group also. Unfortunately the first meeting falls on my husband's birthday so I won't get to go. ((sad face))

No comments:

Post a Comment