Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Got some Hand Dyed Thread done today

Today I was able to dye 30 skeins of thread to be put up for sale in my Etsy store. 17 skeins of size 20 and 13 skeins of size 40. Some really different and interesting color combos came out of the process.

They are drying now and should be completely dry by tomorrow. I will be able to photograph them and list them tomorrow.

I opened my store back up yesterday after being on vacation for a few weeks. I got 3 sales almost immediately. I had placed the store on vacation for a couple reasons. I wanted to give Shawn a break from making shuttles and I really didn't want to have to go to the post office just before Christmas. It was a mad house there.

My engraving machine is still not working and I've been working with the seller to try and get it up and running. Still no luck. I've tried everything in the world to get it to work. At this point, the spindle won't turn. Everything else works. I don't know how to use the software yet, so I'm definately going to need Nate to come home or my next door neighbor will help me use the software.

The reason I brought all that up is to say that I had hoped to have some different shuttles in the store by now but no such luck. I will keep plugging away at it until I either get it working or the seller sends me a new machine. It's just so frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment