Saturday, November 30, 2013

Long week

It has been a long long week.

Our week started off with a great sermon at church.

I had 3 drs appts this week. Thanksgiving happened. Shawn has been working evenings so one of his employees could have a vacation. It's strange for me to be home in the evenings without him. Only one more week of evenings left. I'm enjoying him being home in the mornings. We get to eat breakfast together.

Thanksgiving we had 7 people for dinner. Or I should call it lunch. We ate at 11:30 am so Shawn could relax after eating and before work. I put the turkey in at 5 am and by 9 it was done. I use a cooking bag. I let it rest on the counter while I cooked everything else. When Shawn "carved" it, it fell completely off the bone. The bones were so clean. The turkey was still hot and juicy. So good.

We put the ham in the crockpot with some fruit juices, brown sugar, honey, and some cloves and cooked it on low. Nicholas (my nephew) couldn't stop eating it. Funny thing is, I always make the ham that way. I guess I need to cook it more often.

I tried something different this year. I asked each person at the table to say something nice about every other person at the table, instead of saying what they are thankful for. By then end, we were all crying. It was so touching to hear some of the things people had to say. What a blessing it was to hear how people feel about each other and the advice and uplifting thoughts. I think that will be our new tradition at every holiday table and at each Sunday dinner.

I did not do any Black Friday shopping. I stayed home and worked on a Christmas gift I am making for someone in my family. I finally finished it today. And I have already started the next one.

Today was also the Ohio State and Michigan football game. The biggest rivalry in NCAA football. Shawn and I are definately Ohio State fans. The game came down to the last 30 seconds or so of the game. We won 42-41. It was a real nail biter. It was so dramatic that I felt like I was playing myself.

This evening Shawn and I had a marathon of Christian movies. We watched Revelation Road, The Encounter and the Encounter 2.

Now it's time to go to bed and start a new week. I can't believe that tomorrow is December 1st. Where did the year go?

I have got to get more Christmas gifts made or finished. I am praying that I have enough time to get everything done.

No comments:

Post a Comment