Friday, December 6, 2013

Putting the tree up.

I am finally putting my Christmas tree up tomorrow. I usually put it up the day after Thanksgiving, but this year I didn't do it yet. I've been a little distracted. Shawn has been working evenings and I've been trying to get my gifts made.

I'm trying to get into the Christmas spirit. It's hard when you have to deal with someone stealing your credit card number, making a fake card and charging a ton of stuff. Thank God the credit card company is monitoring the accounts. I just wish they would have caught it sooner. The theifs got away with over $650 worth of merchandise at several different stores in Brooklyn NY. It breaks my heart that stores get ripped off because people don't want to be honest.

My neighbor is coming over tomorrow or Sunday to help me FINALLY get my engraving machine working.

I also just found the wonderful world of pen blanks on eBay. I ordered a bunch. They are the perfect size for making shuttles and I am going to try and turn some to make bobbins for bobbin lace. I found a wood shop that is local that throws away their extra or "scrap" wood. It's just the perfect size for what I need. They are going to work with me on supplying my needs. They have tons of exotic wood that they have been giving to their employees to burn in their fireplaces. WHAT? They are going to hook Nate up also. One strange thing happened when I was at their shop. Their mastif bit me in the rear end. No skin was broken but I'm a little sore and bruised. Strange for a mastif to be aggressive. I was more shocked than injured. Despite the little dog incident, I'm happy that I found them. They sold me over 100 blocks of Zebrawood that are the perfect size to make either 2 shuttles or turn for 1 bobbin. They also gave me a bunch of exotic woods to try and use. I'm so excited to try everything. I just need to have the time to do everything. I think that once my neighbor comes over and helps me, my engraving machine will be running non stop.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment