Saturday, November 23, 2013

Bobbin Lace

I completed my first bobbin lace piece last night. I made a few mistakes, but I'm pretty proud of it. I posted on Facebook and got a few critiques. One being, no knots. Oh well, this is going to be a bookmarker so I wanted fringe. I started a piece and messed it up, so I cut the bobbins off and there was way too much thread on the bobbins to throw away so I just tied knots and started again. Here is a picture of what I did:


Then tonight I got a package from Lacis. I ordered some bobbins with the hole in the bottom for adding spangles. I spangled 6 sets of bobbins tonight. Here is what they look like:


I had fun doing them, but it took quite a lot of time.
I'm getting into this bobbin lace thing. I've wanted to learn for so long and am happy that I finally took the time to do so.
I'm not leaving any of my other crafts behind, but just adding to my list of talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment