Sunday, February 23, 2014

Great weekend

I had a fabulous weekend.

Friday night I went to stitching group. We had a really good time. One of the members of the group lost her mom a week ago and the group helped lift her spirits. My friend, Joyce, came with me again. She's been suffering from pain in her hands and arms for many years and she was able to tat for 30 mins. So happy for her. She is coming right along. I'd taught her to tat many years ago and inviting her to stitching group has gotten back into tatting. She's so happy to be able to craft again.

Saturday morning I got up early and drove to Gettysburg and met up with my friend, Deb. We went to Harrisburg, PA to an event called the Gathering of the Guilds. It's an event where many crafting guilds gather to have workshops and lessons in their artform. I was able to take 2 workshops. One was a needlepoint lesson for a mini sampler. The teacher was amazing and I even bought a couple of her pattern books and one kit.
While waiting for that workshop, I went to a lesson where the instructor was showing how to make a pillowcase. Ok, That seems strange. But she taught the ABCs of a pillowcase - Accent, Body, and Cuff. We learned how to make it so there were no seams showing in the accent and cuff. Then my mind was blown when I learned how to do a 'french seam'. You sew the seam on the outside first, and then turn the piece inside out and sew the seam from the inside and no raw edges show. I was so impressed.
Next I went to a class to make a basket coaster. I wove my own basket. It was so much fun. It's a small basket that is intended to be a coaster. I had so much fun with that little class.

I got home and Shawn and I had a really nice quiet evening.

Sunday, we went to church and had a great sermon. We came home and started watching the Daytona 500. Yippee, NASCAR is back. Then there was a rain delay and I took a nice 3 hour nap. I got up and worked on the shuttles for my tatting shuttle exchange. I almost finished them all. I just have to do the final sanding and fine tuning of the wood. I'm almost done tatting the bookmarks and I will dye the thread this week. I plan to mail the packages out on Friday. Phew, one more thing off of my plate.

I still have to work on my bobbin lace bookmark. I have a final round of a round robin doily to work on and I want to add more padding to the roller part of my bobbin lace pillow. Then my plate is open and I can work on whatever I want.

Finger Lakes tatting conference is coming up in 5 weeks or so. I can't wait to go. I get to meet some people that I've been wanting to meet for a long time.

So now I need to get a little tatting done tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment