Wednesday, February 12, 2014

CNC Machine, sick, snow and all the rest

Well, I'm still without the CNC machine. The seller contacted me and asked for photos of the fuse I changed. This is getting stupid. I sent photos of both of the fuses that I changed. I think they are just stalling and hoping I will give up. All of these crazy troubleshooting steps are not necessary. My machine does not work and I will not give up until I either have a new machine or my money back. I wonder if I can call my credit card company and dispute the charges now that we definately know the machine does not work? Humm, I'm going to have to call them and find out.

So I've been sick since Sunday. I have this gastro virus that I picked up several years ago. The dr said I will never get rid of it and it will flare up every once in a while. Well, it flared up on Sunday. It's not a pretty thing. At least now I'm able to hold a little food down. It should run it's course within the next few days. I'm actually feeling a little better today. I'm out of bed and sitting in the family room this evening.

We are expecting snow tonight and tomorrow. The weatherman are predicting between 6-18 inches, favoring on more than a foot of snow. I'm not really happy about this. My hubby will probably have to go to work in this mess tomorrow. I always fear for his safety when he has to drive in the bad weather. I wish he would just stay home, but he won't.

I've been working on several projects lately. I have a bookmark on my bobbin lace pillow. I have 4 bookmarks to tat. I have a round on a doily that I need to finish for a round robin. I still have to work on Makaylee's baby blanket. At least I won't be bored being snowed in.

I sorted out and reorganized all of my beads today. That was fun. Especially doing it while sick. Shawn wants to move the Shopsmith to a new location in the house and I need to get some things organized and purged so we have room. He got the lathe set up on the Shopsmith so when I feel better, I can learn to carve bobbins. I'm excited.

Bekah came over last week and picked up my spinning wheel because she has a project in her History class and she wants to spin and knit a pair of socks. I gave her a quick lesson. I was surprised that I rememberd so much. It's been a while since I did any spinning of yarn. She has a way to go before she is good at spinning but I think she can get enough yarn spun to make the socks. I even gave her my roving to spin. I have a bunch of it, so it's not a huge imposition to give some up.

Well, back to tatting the bookmarks for the exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment