Friday, December 20, 2013

Update on CNC Machine

Here is an update on the CNC machine. My brother brought over a cpu with XP loaded on it. We got the machine axis' to move but the spindle won't turn.
I contacted the seller again and they recommended that I change the fuse in the spindle. I haven't had time to do this, but they have been right so far, so I am thinking that this will be the last issue. Now the only thing I have to worry about is how to use the darn machine and get images into G code to engrave. I am thankful that I know a company that uses an engraving machine and they have agreed to assit me with converting images.
God is so good. I credit Him for me getting all of this help with this machine. If it were just up to me, I'd have an $800 door stop right now. I'm totally lost with all of this stuff.

On another note, I've been teaching myself bobbin lace. I'm almost done with my first big project. A bookmark that I am going to give as a gift for Christmas. I am using 14 pairs of bobbins. I was a little intimidated at first, but once I got going it was pretty straight forward. I've learned to unlace, fix mistakes and alter a pattern. I'm having a blast. The hardest part is keeping the tread from unraveling from the bobbins. The half hitch just isn't cutting it with some of the thread. I will have to check with the folks on my FB bobbin lace page to get some advice on that.
I will post a picture once I'm finished.

And another positive thing. I have all of my Christmas gifts wrapped and under the tree. I took Olivia to get keys made for her car. I got some beads organized and got some more storage boxes. I want to start 2014 organized and ready to go. I am going to call this a successful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment