Monday, December 30, 2013

Goodbye 2013

It's time to say goodbye to 2013 and hello to 2014.

We had some ups and downs this year, but made it through great.

We had to put Aurora to sleep in January.

I went to my first tatting conference in April. I had such a good time. I can't wait til the 2014 conference. I got to meet people I've only known online for years.

We got a new puppy named Zura in April

Nate and Naina got engaged on September 15th. They will be married in India on August 9th and then in the States on October 25th.

I turned 50 this year. We had a really fun party. We had what I called a drop over party. People came and went. No big deal. No pressure to stay for a long time. The kids all cooked and I think we had 35 guests total that day. It was such a good time.

Jessica and Calvin bought a new home in Upper Marlboro and had another daughter. Makaylee Marie Robinson was born on November 12th. Shawn and I are her Godparents also. Mariyah is a great big sister.

D'Artagnan got a leg injury and went to stay in Ohio for 5 weeks to rest and recoup. He came back and is still limping. He's managing just fine. Sometimes he's ok and sometimes his leg hurts. I think he'll get better.

My SSI was approved. That was a huge relief for me.

We also opened an Etsy store and Shawn is designing tatting shuttles. He is great at making them.
We started doing woodworking and I am having a ball learning how to do all kinds of woodworking. We got a 1952 Shopsmith and it has a lathe on it. I want to learn how to turn wood. I want to make some bobbin lace bobbins. Oh, that's because I am learning how to do bobbin lace now. It is a challenge, but I'm excited about it.

I made most of my Christmas gifts this year. I had a great time making things. I made a purse for Olivia and she thought it was store bought. That was a great compliment. Nate got a knitted scarf and he loves it. Naina got a slouchy hat and some yoga socks. She loved them also.

So, here we are. I am getting ready to say goodbye to 2013 and hello to 2014. I'm so ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment