Sunday, October 27, 2013

Linda Davies' doily

I have finally finished the Linda Davies' doily I  have been working on for a long time. I havn't worked on it consistanlty, so it took longer than I planned, but I finally got it done.

I don't like to block tatting because it messes up the picots and rings. That is exactly what happened to this doily. I had to wash it tho, because I did it in white thread. I would not want to have it not look white.

I steamed it and now will adjust the picots and rings when I get some free time. Here are the before and after blocking pix
Before blocking 



After blocking
 
So now I'm working on some Christmas gifts. I think this year I will make a lot of the gifts I give. I am going to do some bobbin lace gifts, some tatted gifts, some crocheted gifts and some knited gifts. If I have the time, I will also quilt some. I'd better get started. Lots to do and not a lot of time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment