Friday, April 3, 2015

Fingerlakes Tatting Conference

Well, I'm a late resister but I got into the tatting conference at Fingerlakes NY. Woo Hoo.

I called Karey and she said it was OK for me to bring Eclipse with me. I have a crate for him to be in while I'm in class and I will have plenty of time for him to be outside and stretching his legs.

I got both of Karey's classes on Saturday and both of Randy's classes on Sunday. Since I was so late, there weren't many classes that were still open. I'm excited because I got two of the classes I originally wanted and the other two were backup selections. Plus, I will have the patterns for all the classes so I can make whatever I want when I get home.

I can't wait to see friends that I have missed since last year. It's nice to know that some people really would have missed me if I didn't go.

I won't have any shuttles or thread to sell, but I will be able to take orders. I gotta bring samples of each shuttle and I have a display of some of the wood species that we have. I hope to sell some shuttles and I hope that Shawn is able to put a hook in the Eddie so I can unveil that one at the conference.

He doesn't get to go with me this year. He has to work. Oh well, we can always go this summer when work slows down for him.

I get to take a few days for myself. I have several ladies who will be staying at the condo with me. They all will leave either Sunday or Monday and I'll have a day or so alone before I come home.

On the way up to NY, I'm going to stop at Bead Fest in Oak PA. I plan on checking it out for a few hours. It will only take me about an hour out of my way. I hope to find some patterns and unique beads.

As I type this, I'm getting excited about my trip. I'm trying to decide what crafts I should take with me. I just don't know what to bring. I guess I'll figure that all out later. For now, I'll just be happy that I get to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment