Sunday, September 7, 2014

Home from Palmetto Tat Days .... first part of the story

I am home from Palmetto Tat Days 2014.

I had such a wonderful time. Here is the adventure kind of play by play.

On Tuesday evening, I traveled to Northern Virginia to stay at my friend Linda's house so we could get a better start on Wednesday morning. We got up and started out about 7:30 am. OMG, I was up that early. ((Yawn)). We drove a good portion of the day and cleared 6+ hours off of our trip.  We didn't want to do the whole trip in one day.

Thurs morning, we got up and, after breakfast, hit the road again. 3 hours from our destination. The closer we got, the more excited we got. Finally we got there about noon. Much to our surprise, no one was there to greet us.

We finally found someone to tell us where we needed to be. We ran into Jennifer and Jerry Titus from ZigZag corner/Tatting corner. Since no one was around yet, we helped them unload their trailer and get their merchandise to the vending area. Bonus - we got to see the goodies first and spend time with them uninterrupted.

Finally about 1:45 some people started showing up. Hugs and chatting started. One of the first people I got to meet was Riet from the Netherlands. She is amazing. Telling stories and accounts of growing up there. I was captivated. I've "known" her online for many years and here she was - in front of me.

Others started showing up gradually.

I want to continue the story, but I'm exhausted and will continue tomorrow, complete with pix.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you're home, safe, and had fun. Look forward to more when you get rested.

    ReplyDelete