Sunday, July 13, 2014

Making shuttles and dyeing thread again

I have begun to start getting ready for my vending table at Palmetto Tat Days.

I cut 50 shuttle blanks and have them marked for shaping already. I will begin my process of making shuttles in a few days. I also am getting ready to wrap thread for dyeing.

I figure there are already 90+ people registered for the event, so I will be bringing more product. I will also have a vending table so it will be easier for people to see my merchandise.

I am getting excited for this trip. There is so much to do to get ready. No matter how much I bring, it will be enough. I will make an order sheet available in case anyone wants to order something they don't see. I hope to be able to bring some engraved shuttles with me as well.

I'm jumping on that machine as soon as I get it. I want to be ready to go.

I also have so much to do for the wedding. Tatting and other things. I am going to put all of that off until after Palmetto. I can't be double minded right now, so I will concentrate on one thing at a time.

I also am taking a beading class in August. It will be a nice break from all the tatting I have been and will be doing. I also have some bobbin lace classes coming up with my teacher. I may have to postpone them because she hurt her knee and I don't want to have her over do it.

I have put my tatting book and my personal book on the shelf for a while. I think I need to put other things on the shelf and concentrate on them. We'll see. I don't have a time limit for the books.

Gee, when did my life get so complicated? I'm just this person who hates to leave my house and finds it really hard to step outside of my comfort zone. I am really pushing it. I hope that I don't crack from all the pressure I'm putting on myself. I need to take this stuff one day at a time and one project at a time.

Along with all of the stuff I am doing, I'm trying to lose weight. I am a stress eater and boy have I been tearing up the snacks. I need to slow down. If I keep my hands busy, I won't have time to snack.

Well, off to wrap some thread. No procrastinating allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment