Monday, April 7, 2014

Fingerlakes part 1

Oh my goodness. I had such a great time at Fingerlakes. Friday night we were supposed to have a pot luck dinner in the fire hall but the room was double booked. The firemen were so kind that they moved a fire truck out of the garage bay and set up tables for us to eat there. We had a good time fellowshiping and getting re aquainted with old friends and making new ones. Here a some shots of that night
The fire trucks
Some of the ladies setting up.
Selfie



Tia, Sharon and me acting goofy
 
 
Saturday began a little slowly because we couldn't set up on time Friday night so we got to help ZigZag Corner (one of the vendors) set up and shopped while we helped. I picked up 3 of the GR8 books and several GR8 shuttles. I made a bug in my first class. I named him Fred.
 
This is my bug, his name is Fred
 
 
We had lunch and shopped and chatted some more. Lots of talking and lots of laughing. No one is a stranger at Fingerlakes. If it's your first workshop or your 16th, you are a friend the minute you step in the door. I accurately put more names and faces together. And the Canadians came. Jane, Vickey, Susan, Jeannine and the rest of the wonderful ladies from across the border.
 
 
Ruth Perry aka Rozella F. Linden came the farthest. She's from Tampa Florida. I was starstruck when I met her. More about her later in this post.
 
After lunch we took our second class. Mine was an Amigurumi Owl. I haven't photographed him yet. His name is Darius aka Hootie. Shawn got there as we were about to finish our class. I introduced him around and introduced him to our newest family member - Fred.
 
 


Oh and we have a man who came this year. His name is Gary and he's been tatting for 30 years. He is such a nice man. He uses Tatsy shuttles. He has comissioned Shawn to make him an extremely large Arrowhead shuttle.


This is Gary.



No comments:

Post a Comment