Tuesday, June 17, 2014

My dog had ACL surgery today.

My dog tore his ACL and had to have surgery. He had it today. He's home from the vets and is miserable. He's whiney and can't find a comfortable place to lay down. I just gave him pain meds an hour ago and hoping they put him to sleep. He needs to rest. He won't drink any water and won't even eat his favorite treats.

He has to go back to the vet 6 times in the next two weeks. I'll be running the highway back and forth with him. They are going to do some kind of laser treatment on his wound and muscles. The vet said that it helps the healing process.

Seeing him like this makes me wonder if we did the right thing by getting the operation for him. Was he in this much pain with the torn ACL? I just don't know. They said he will be almost 100% when he fully heals. I sure hope so. If we did all of this and he's not better, I will feel so bad.

He isn't allowed to go up or down the stairs for 6 weeks. Good thing we have a door to the outside from our family room, where he and I will be staying for the next 6 weeks.

I get to do his physical therapy also. I'd rather do it myself than trust someone else doing it.

Here is a picture of my poor boy.


Well, I'm going to lay on the floor with him so he doesn't feel alone. I just hope the pain meds kick in soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment