Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Palmetto Tat Days is over

Tat Days has come and gone.

I had so much fun again this year. I drove down to Georgia by myself. Eclipse was with me. It was a long drive down and back, but I made it safely both ways.

I had a really great time. I got some nice classes. I met some new friends and reestablished some existing friendships. It was so good to see everyone who attends Palmetto Tat Days. So many people came and had a great time.

There were a lot of husbands who attended this year also. It was nice to see some males tatting and helping the teachers or just hanging around keeping each other company.

I had a vending table again this year. I did pretty good, but not as well as I wanted to. There were a lot of venders selling shuttles this year so I think that was a little bit of a setback.

Eclipse was so good and helped me so much while there. He kept my busy at times when I would have felt awkward or out of place. He was the hit of the conference. I was asked over and over again to make sure I bring him next  year as well.

It was fun to go, but I am happy to be home. Next week we decided to take a little trip up to Deep Creek lake for some relaxation and rest. I am staying for a week. Nate and Naina said they can come with us for a few days and Olivia is staying the whole week with me. Not sure yet what Shawn will be able to swing as far as days off go. I'm sure he will be able to spend some quality time with us.

I hope to have a really relaxing time and be able to recharge my battery. I want to come home with a renewed sense of self and the energy to get the rest of the year's worth of activities completed.

My birthday and anniversary is this month as well. Shawn and I will celebrate 24 years of marriage and I will turn 52. I can't believe we have been together for 24 years. No one expected us to last a year. I think we have proven them wrong.

Off to get some stuff done so I can go on vacation. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment