Sunday, November 23, 2014

Laser Engraver is working and I'm so happy

At long last.... I am happy to say that I have successfully used my laser engraver and sold some shuttles that I have engraved.

Now, I can only engrave words right now, and only have one font available...but soon that will change. I need to purchase a font program that I can upload into the engraving software and figure out how to do pictures, but I'm on my way.

I am so happy. It's been more than a year since I purchased my first machine that didn't work. I never did get my full refund on that crazy deal, but that's another story.

I got the new laser engraver in July and had too much to do getting ready for the wedding to be able to dedicate time to learning how to use it and getting it set up. Well, we set it up a few weeks ago and I started playing with it. I have successfully sold some shuttles that I engraved with it. I got an order from a really good customer and decided to send her a gift by engraving her name on an extra shuttle as a Thank You for being such a great customer. She got them yesterday and is very happy with them.

Here is a picture of the shuttles, courtesy of the buyer, Diane.

So now I am going to try and get a few programs with clipart and graphics and a font program so I can get moving on making shuttles. I'm so happy right now. I feel accomplished.

On a different note, I've been taking a lot of beading classes lately. Here are a few things that I've made.

 
This is a class I took with Diane Fitzgerald. She's an amazing designer and I had a blast taking this class. I really love this set. I need to get my bail put on the necklace and the earring wires on and I'll be able to wear this. I already got the clasp on the bracelet.
 
 
This is a French Beaded brooch I made yesterday. I took the class from Donna Dickt. I really love this. I was going to give it away, but once I got it finished, I decided to keep it.
 
 
Some day soon I will take a picture of all of the pieces that I have finished lately. I've been taking a LOT of classes. Most are free, but some I do pay for. I had forgotten how much I love to bead. I even ordered a beaded embroidery kit from online and will make a beaded picture. Can't wait for that one to get here.
 
I seem to have become a busy girl. I had to tell Shawn that I think all the classes I've paid for and beads I've bought are going to be my Christmas present. I can't justify asking for anything since I've spent so much money at Bead Soup lately. If he wants to give me something, he will have to make it. I don't want any more money spent on me this year. ... Now in January, I have like 4 classes scheduled, so I will have to sell a bunch of shuttles and thread to pay for them. I need to get working and sell, sell, sell.
 
Thanksgiving is coming this week and I need to get working preparing my house for the holiday.
 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of my friends in the United States. And to the rest of my friends, Happy Thursday, this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment