Friday, October 24, 2014

What's next?

Now that Nate and Naina are happily married, I have some time on my hands. I have three exchanges that I'm involved in. If you don't know what that is, it's a group of people decide that they will send something to another person and get something in exchange. There are requirements and deadlines that are to be met. You are assigned partners - someone you send to, but they may not be who will be sending to you. It's fun because you never know what you will receive.

The three I'm involved in right now are a Crafted Card Exchange where I have 3 partners. I make a card and then add a few extra gifts in the package and send it off by Nov 1st. I'm the organizer and host of that exchange.

Then there is a Secret Santa Exchange where we have to send 5 things to our person. We got a list of their favorite things and then go from there. That one needs to be mailed by Nov 15th. That one included a decorated tatting shuttle for Christmas.

The last one I'm in for the year is the Snowflake Exchange. We have to make two tatted snowflakes and send them out to your partner. That one needs to be mailed by Dec 1st.

I'm in the middle of making the cards for the Card Exchange right now. I'm doing something a little different with this one. Everyone expects me to tat my items because, well, that's what I do. But I'm going off the beaten path this time. Once my partners receive their packages, I will post pictures of what I made. I'm excited.

Besides the exchanges, I am working on a lot of unfinished projects. I want to clear my plate so I can start some new things. I also am making Christmas gifts. I need to fire up the laser engraver and get going with that.

I've also been taking some beading classes and attending some free events for beading. I have a ton of ideas for jewelry. I am going to put my own spin on a few patterns and see what I can come up with.

In Pittsburgh every year there is an event called Artfest. I am thinking about becoming a vendor for that event. Selling tatted jewelry, beaded jewelry, some wooden boxes and some other things that I can come up with. It think it will be fun. It's in May so I have plenty of time to get ready for it.

Tomorrow I'm off to the National Zoo in Washington DC with my God Daughters and their mom. Shawn is going to start building a shed in the back yard and Calvin will come over to help after he's out of class. Fun day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment