Monday, October 20, 2014

The wedding was amazing

My son married the love of his life yesterday. The ceremony was amazing and the reception was a blast. I cried several times. My hankie that I made for the ceremony came in handy. I think I should have made one for my son, tho. He cried when he saw his bride for the first time in her gown. He cried when she said her vows and more when he said his.

They wrote their own vows and both spoke from the heart. They also did something special. They put their vows in a box. Then this week they will write a love letter to each other and place them in the same box. In one year, they will reread their vows and read the letters. Then each year they will write another letter to each other. I think I would love for Shawn and I to start this tradition, and encourage all of the people we know to do the same thing.

I am so happy that the day was amazing. It took a lot of work and manpower to make the day perfect for them.

I went to Pittsburgh last Wednesday to help get the wedding prep done. We worked from Wednesday evening until Friday evening almost non stop to get all of the decorations, pictures, signs, seating cards, programs.....etc ready. We cut, glued, printed, folded, taped and organized our fingers off.

They did a full DIY wedding and it looked like they spent about $30,000 on it. I can't wait to have pictures to show. Everything was amazingly detailed and painstakingly detailed. Nate and Naina both put their hearts and souls into every detail.

Me, the mother of the groom, forgot to bring her camera to the wedding. I will be able to post pictures as soon as they get them back from the photographer. He took so many pictures.

I am sure there will be cell phone pictures popping up all over Facebook soon. I have seen a few already.

There is so much more to tell, but I am so full of emotion it's hard to say it all right now.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the newly married couple. That does sound like a wonderful tradition to start. I'm looking forward to the pictures, is sounds like an amazing wedding and reception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds absolutely wonderful. I like their tradition they've started. I recently attended a wedding where the bride & groom each sealed a love letter to the other with a bottle of champaign in a box. The best man will return it to them in five years, or sooner if it is needed to remind them of their love for each other on their wedding day. Happy for you and yours. Karen in OR

    ReplyDelete