Friday, February 20, 2015

Just a rant

I am just going to rant right now.

I have a few pet peeves that really, really bug me. One of them is when I watch a TV talk show like the View or the Talk and they have a male guest and he sits down before all the women are seated. Did people forget manners? Who is teaching these men how to treat ladies? My husband opens doors for me, unless I beat him to the door and open it myself, which he absolutely hates.

I know that some people will blame the fact that a lot of men are absent fathers, but they do have mothers who should require their sons to treat women with respect. I can't believe all the men that I see who just don't have that small piece of respect. When I see a "celebrity" that I have admired sit their rear down when a woman is still standing, I loose respect for him. It breaks my heart.

OK, pet peeve number two is when you are approaching a door and someone shuts it in your face. Or if you are going into a door on the right side and someone pushes past you going out, when the other door opens as well. What the heck is wrong with people? I see it all the time. Have people lost all common sense? I have had younger kids push me out of the way to get through a door that I have just opened. And there is no "excuse me" "thank you" - nothing. Where are the manners there?

I'm not saying that I'm better than anyone else, but when my kids were young, they had to say Yes Ma'am, no Ma'am. Yes Sir, No Sir. Please and thank you. My sister told me that I was treating them like they were in the military. My thought process was that if I taught them and they didn't show respect later in life, it was on them, not me. I have gotten so many compliments on my kids manners. I have been told they are the most respectful, polite kids. That makes me happy to know that my kids learned how to do it right and maybe, just maybe, they will rub off on others.

OK, so next pet peeve is people who talk on their phones ALL THE TIME, and are loud about it. I don't care what you are talking about and I don't care to know what you are doing. Then the people who sit in the dr's office playing on their phones with the key pad tones on. That bugs the heck out of me. I suffer from social anxiety as it is, so when I have to hear all those different key tones beeping, it gets on my nerves and I start to panic.

Oh my goodness, speaking of being in a waiting room, I can't stand when people wear too much perfume or cologne and come into the waiting room. I can't breathe. What are people thinking when the bathe in that stuff? Maybe you like it, but you are around others and maybe someone is allergic to the smells you are wafting through the room.

OK, so I'm finished ranting for the day. Sorry for dumping all of this out today, but I just had to get it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment