Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The good and the bad

So, there has been a lot of uproar in the world lately. Far away and close to home.

I have been having ups and downs here as well. Good and bad. I want to concentrate more on the good than the bad. Sometimes it's hard to take the high road and I don't always choose the right path. I am, after all, human and human emotions sometimes get in the way. I make mistakes and fall short more times then I want to admit. One thing I can fall back on is that I am forgiven.

Shawn and I are on the upswing with the job issue and the difficulties Shawn had when he wasn't working. His new job - almost 4 months in - is exactly what he needed and is so great at. He is an amazing boss and treats his employees so well. He's a hard nosed boss but teaches the right way to do things. I am so proud of him and happy that he has been placed exactly where he needs to be.

Olivia will be coming back home to finish her college degree at a university closer to home. We are happy that she chose to finish school in Maryland. She already has a full time job waiting for her and so many options for which school to go to. She wants to attend Towson State University.

I have still been having some memory issues. I play games to try and build up my short term memory. I have such a great long term memory that some people don't believe that I have memory problems. It's funny how people judge you when they don't understand your issues. I guess that's not something I should concern myself with. I know what happens to me, and so does my team of doctors.

I try really hard to be kind and nice to everyone. Sometimes people fool you and appear to be the same, but eventually the truth comes out. It takes a lot for me to end a friendship and usually I hang on longer than the other person, so when I dump someone, there is a real good reason. I have either seen something new, or the person shows their true nature. I really despise it when the person I dump tries to turn mutual friends or people in general against me. That's just not a good thing to put others in the middle of an issue. I have been placed in the middle of situations in the past and I know that it's not comfortable.

So, Friday Shawn's grandfather is turning 100. We are having a huge party for him. Nate and Naina are going to come for the night so they can attend the party, but Olivia has too much school work to do so she isn't making the drive. I think it will be a good evening. I'm actually going to buy a new dress to wear. UGH a dress. Shawn is buying me new jewelry to wear that will end up being an heirloom set. A necklace, earrings and a ring made from sterling silver and opal. I will post pix of it when he picks it up on Thursday.

Next Friday, Shawn will turn 50 and two days later Mariyah will turn 3. Lots of important birthdays coming up in the near future.

I have been keeping myself busy by making jewelry and taking beading classes. I am still tatting a little, but right now, I'm enjoying learning new beading techniques. I will always crochet, knit, tat, quilt and bead. I just like to switch up where my energy is going every once in a while.

So with all this being said - I am going back to making the bracelet that's sitting on my bead board.

No comments:

Post a Comment