Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Palmetto is almost here

Palmetto is almost here and I am NOT ready. I will be working every day getting my items ready to sell. Every day I think of something else I want to sell on my vending table and have to make them. UGH. Why oh why do I do this to myself every time?

Why do I put myself thru this every time? I work and work to get things done and then get distracted and don't finish when I want to. I'd love to be able to sit back and relax knowing that all of the products I want to place on my vending table are finished, tagged, and packed up ready to go, but that's not reality. Reality is that I have about 50 more skeins of thread to dye, about 50 more shuttles in various stages of completion, other projects not ready and my display items are scattered all over the house.

I haven't even gotten my shuttles and thread ready for my classes yet. I have 15 days left until I leave. As always, I'll be ready, but I will work my rear end off to make it in time.

I'll be going to Virginia on Tuesday evening to stay at a friend's house so I don't have to deal with DC rush hour traffic or leave at 5 am to meet up with the people I'm caravanning down to GA with. One of the ladies I'm traveling with needs to stop every few hours for a break, so we are going to take our time. Taking two days to travel 600 miles will probably drive me bonkers, but it will be good. I like to get there ASAP, but if I did that, I'd miss the fellowship and company of some wonderful ladies. It will be worth it to take our time. I can wrap my thread onto my shuttles in the hotel room on Wednesday evening. One thing I don't have to do in the next 15 days.

I can't wait to get there. It is going to be so much fun.

I did take a break from the prep and take a beading class the past two Saturdays. It was so much fun. I make a loom bracelet called Tropical Fish Garden. Funny because the fish in the picture are all salt water fish and tropical fish are all fresh water. I love my bracelet. I only need to put the clasps on now. I am going to take several beading classes in the near future. Two before Palmetto.

All of the prep for Tat Days and the wedding prep was getting to me, so I needed a distraction. I went back to something I love - beading. I have always tatted with beads, but beading is a true passion of mine. I can share my time with them all. I know I can do it.

Well, off to bed so I can get up early and back to work. Progress report to come soon. No photo of what I'm selling yet. I'm not ready to say what I'm going to have on my table.

No comments:

Post a Comment